Merlin Wear

trailflow
trailflow Posts: 1,311
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Merlin cycles have some new clothing out. i kinda like it and im thinking of wearing them together matching but need a second opinion :)

What do you think ? would you wear it ? or is it too pro wannabe ? be honest :twisted:

http://bikes.merlincycles.com/search?vi ... lin+wear#&

19325_merlin_team_short_sleeved_cycling_jersey.jpg

19328_merlin_team_cycling_bib_shorts.jpg

Comments

• alan_sherman
    alan_sherman Posts: 1,157
    Definitely a bit pro wannabe. But it is quite nice, tasteful kit.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Who's going to be the BR guinea pig? TBH I need some knee-warmers but can't remember the size I bought, tempted for £15 with these though.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    The Non team elite bibs look like a bit of a bargain seeing that they come with a decent Elastic Interface Chamois. Again though we need someone to be a guinea pig for them.
  • I agree, it's the Elite bibs that appear to be the real star in the bunch, it's a pity there's not some nice, logoless jerseys to go with it.
  • gozzy
    gozzy Posts: 640
    There are some jerseys with a small logo, rather than the team ones. Look pretty discreet to me.
  • Gozzy wrote:
    There are some jerseys with a small logo, rather than the team ones. Look pretty discreet to me.

Granted, but they're a relaxed cut. Would be nice to see the team jersey style come in a different range of colours.
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    stevie63 wrote:
    The Non team elite bibs look like a bit of a bargain seeing that they come with a decent Elastic Interface Chamois. Again though we need someone to be a guinea pig for them.

Soo...what do you want to know?

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • stevie63
    How do they compare to other bibs that cost double or more seeing that they are using the same pad?
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    stevie63 wrote:
    How do they compare to other bibs that cost double or more seeing that they are using the same pad?

For £45 notes they are OK. I wouldn't pay the RRP of £56 - at that price Endura F260 bibs would be better VFM.
    Fit is good, although leg grippers on the tight side. Only 1 20 mile ride so far.

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • holiver
    holiver Posts: 729
    Anyone know who the OEM is?
  • stevie63
    derosa wrote:
    stevie63 wrote:

For £45 notes they are OK. I wouldn't pay the RRP of £56 - at that price Endura F260 bibs would be better VFM.
    Fit is good, although leg grippers on the tight side. Only 1 20 mile ride so far.
    Thank you for that, interesting to see Endura mentioned, I have not ever tried their bibs but I will definetly consider these.