XT 11 speed specs!

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Not looking, lalalala...
    I was just looking at some discounted 10 speed hubs to go with my nice new(ish) 10 speed XT set up.
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Hubs will be fine with 11spd Shimano. I've just got myself a cheap XTR 10 spd full kit.... Hey ho.
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    I think I just started drooling, time to start saving I think.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    The cassette seems expensive. XTR 11 speed was cheaper than XTR 10 speed.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Hubs will be fine with 11spd Shimano. I've just got myself a cheap XTR 10 spd full kit.... Hey ho.
    Yes, you're right. I got confused because my CX bike has disc hubs that will take a road 11 speed so I have to use a spacer for my 10 speed. So Shimano will have 2 different 11 speed standards for freehubs.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    If you need 40/42 teeth on the back then get your sparrow legs on an ebike.
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    oodboo wrote:
    If you need 40/42 teeth on the back then get your sparrow legs on an ebike.

Why? I don't need a 42 but would run one and then a bigger chainring. Give myself a bigger spread whilst still having the advantages of 1x
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    The cassette seems expensive. XTR 11 speed was cheaper than XTR 10 speed.

No it wasn't.

£170 retail

£190 retail

Similar increase to XT.
  • RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Njee, you'll notice I said 'was'. M980 cassettes were £200 when M9000 lauched. And XT cassettes have gone by about 60% in price
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    cassette is quite heavy at 411g
  • njee20
    Njee, you'll notice I said 'was'. M980 cassettes were £200 when M9000 lauched. And XT cassettes have gone by about 60% in price

£180 on release, I never saw them go above that.
    cassette is quite heavy at 411g

Hardly a surprise, 85g heavier than SRAM GX and £40 cheaper. I'd still look to do a hybrid group - SRAM cassette, Shimano shifters and mech. Extra range of SRAM, lighter weight, but the ergonomics and reliability of Shimano.
  • Ferrals
    I'm increasingly thinking that I'm going to run my current cassette and chain into the ground and make the switch one way or another. Seeing as I need to replace my front shifter soon anyway, price wise it would only be the cost of a rear mech if I went full XT. And seeing as the price of an XT cassette is cheaper than the price of my current cassette plus expander its looks like it would be about £25-£50 more expensive. Less if my current stuff lasts long enough for it to be discounted at CRC!
  • njee20
    It'll be discounted at CRC (and others) as soon as it's available, so if you can eek it out until June you're sorted.
  • Ferrals
    E-thirteen have gone wider ratio again with a 9-42 cassette. needs an xd driver though
  • Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    An 11t cog is bad enough. 9 will be shite - like the Hope one.
  • njee20
    The 10 on a SRAM feels noticeably rougher, I agree that a 9 will be horrible.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    9t certainly not a wet leaves and crap cog.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"