New forks with possible upgrades?

cathymark74
cathymark74 Posts: 21
edited April 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I have just bought some new rockshox sektor tk 140 coils bought from je james. I also have some parts from a worn out Reba SL. Motion control dna poploc and the dual air assemblies, both forks are 2012 and are gold stanchions so the motion control assembly should swap, as the moco is from a Reba I believe the damper might be a different length so the oil level needs altering, I have looked into oil heights but the best advice i have read is the oil needs to be 10mm above the bottom of the damper, anybody know any better?
And would any of the air system parts be any use?
I have stripped and serviced forks before so have no fears on that front but just want as much info as possible first. Also would any of this void a warranty?
Thanks.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It may void the warranty (read it), but you can always swap the parts back if there is an issue!

10mm above the damper is sound, not sure if it's worth swapping the spring side, don't know enough about the differences!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.