Vision TriMax T42 Carbon/Alloy Clincher Wheelset - opinions

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi all. Tempted by some deep rims for my Scott CR1 SL now the better weather is here. Any opinions on the Vision T42s? Evans currently doing them for £620. I'm not sure they're the in vogue toroidal rim shape, not particularly wide inner rim width and 1720g (claimed) so not the most up to date hoops but more expensive than the Planet X CT45s which I'd also considered. Not needed for racing but regular recreational riding, and bringing up the best bike...sadly Reynolds assaults are out of the price range :cry:
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    I was under the impression both Vision and Planet X use Gigantex made tubular rims. If that's the case, it seems rather pointless to pay extra for the Vision.

Planet X has switched hub supplier to Chosen recently (couple of years, actually) and as a user, I find their hubs pretty good quality, very good in fact.

In brief, I would swing towards the PX offering
    left the forum March 2023
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Thanks Ugo. I'll keep waiting the best deal then, hopefully a 20% discount code will pop up sooner rather later 8)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...