Office Shoes for on and off the bike

MountainMonster
MountainMonster Posts: 7,423
edited April 2015 in Commuting general
So, after recurring knee pain and never being able to get my feet and knees comfortable with clipless pedals. I've now put the flat pedals back on my bike, but i'm struggling with shoes that look good but are stiff enough for use on the bike. Is anyone aware of some good shoes designed for use with flat pedals that are stiff and look good enough for use in the office?

I'm stuck on this one, and my google-fu isn't working too well at the moment.

Comments

• davis
    davis Posts: 2,506
    Why not any old cycling shoes with no cleats but a bit of grip (most of the MTB shoes are good for that) and a pair of office shoes at the office?

Walking around the office in shoes that are "cycling stiff" doesn't sound like it'd be great for your knees anyway.

Having said that, Dromati might do for you, if you can afford them.
    Sometimes parts break. Sometimes you crash. Sometimes it’s your fault.
  • I have thought of that, and I did it with the spd's for quuite a while. The problem is I cycle to clirnt meetings, on average twice a day, and carrying around a spare of shoes and having to change gets annlying. I'll have a look at dromati.
  • PBo
    PBo Posts: 2,493
  • I leave my work shoes at work
  • PBo wrote:

Just had a look at those and they fit the bill perfectly. Going to get a pair of those for sure!
    I leave my work shoes at work

I normally do too, but I cycle to meetings around town, and it quickly gets annoying bringing a spare pair of shoes around all the time and having to change.