Giro Synthe helmet?

on-yer-bike
on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Do you find that the thin plastic ribs of the inner cradle dig into your head at the front?
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    No.
  • on-yer-bike
    Maybe its not for the follicularly challenged. Mines going back; after wearing for an hour in the house there was a deep vertical trench at the top my forehead and discomfort. The thin strips of black plastic dont look great either with no hair behind them. Shame, nice looking helmet.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    I have a rapidly increasing forehead and found it to be very comfortable.

It is a great helmet in my eyes. More steady on my head than the Aeon.

Must come down to head shape.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I'm also a baldy git with a Synthe. Yes you get marks from the inner cage but I've got marks on the bonce from all the helmets I've worn. Take a bit of time to make sure you have it set right before sending back. I'm really happy with mine and don't get any discomfort.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I find mine really, REALLY comfortable :/
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    Really glad I went for it over the POC Octal and it's on a par with the Prevails that it replaced. No idea if it gives me any aero benefits but it looks damn cool ;-)
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    Maybe its not for the follicularly challenged. Mines going back; after wearing for an hour in the house there was a deep vertical trench at the top my forehead and discomfort. The thin strips of black plastic dont look great either with no hair behind them. Shame, nice looking helmet.

I love the idea of wearing a cycling helmet around the house to break it in. I guess you get to see if it fits without it getting sweaty. I briefly wore one at Nice airport when it wouldn't fit in my hand luggage, and the Easyjet staff suggested it was a second carry on.
  • on-yer-bike
    yes sat at the Mac working with the helmet on, much to my wife's amusement. There doesnt seem to be any adjustment to the cage only the cradle at the back. Im near the size limit for medium, maybe thats the issue.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    I've not tried the Synthe but reckon from the OP's comments that if he's having discomfort sitting in the house, this is likely to drive him mad out on the road. Any opportunity to return and try next size up?

Peter