IOW Randonee/cycleisland

meursault
meursault Posts: 1,433
Does anyone know if there is a gpx for this?

Website has last years, if same route. No response from email to website.

Thanks in advance

Simon
Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

Voltaire

Comments

• t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    its not a route that will change much I suspect. the whole point is to cycle around the Island.
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • meursault
    t4tomo wrote:
    its not a route that will change much I suspect. the whole point is to cycle around the Island.

Hmmm, the whole point? That's like saying the whole point of cycling is to cycle. Thanks anyway.

Voltaire
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    it follows either the boue on white cycle signs or white on blue to depict either a clockwise or anticlockwise established route. the signs are up full time, not just for the randonee. The route was slightly different last year as the Cowes chain ferry was out of action at the time. You wont need a gps track to follow, it's very well sign posted and lots of other friendly riders to point you in the right direction.
  • t4tomo
    t4tomo Posts: 2,643
    meursault wrote:
    t4tomo wrote:

Hmmm, the whole point? That's like saying the whole point of cycling is to cycle. Thanks anyway.

I meant there arent many alternatives as you either fall in the Sea or start heading inland. There are that many roads to choose from. :D
    Bianchi Infinito CV
    Bianchi Via Nirone 7 Ultegra
    Brompton S Type
    Carrera Vengeance Ultimate Ltd
    Gary Fisher Aquila '98
    Front half of a Viking Saratoga Tandem
  • meursault
    I see what you mean now. Yes I guess there are not that many alternative routes there.

Voltaire
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    The Cowes floating bridge is still free I think. But there was talk of them charging foot passengers and cyclists. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Route always seems to be clockwise of late. I did it a few years back anti clock, starting from Yarmouth, so got the bumpy bit out of the way first.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • bikergirl17
    bikergirl17 Posts: 344
    This is truly one ride where do not need a gps file. But i bet you could find one on map my ride.
  • meursault
    This is truly one ride where do not need a gps file. But i bet you could find one on map my ride.

OK, ty, yes there are some, but I don't know if current.

Voltaire
  • meursault
    Really enjoyed this ride, despite nearly binning it before the start, due to wind and rain, Decided to rule 5 it and see how we far we got. Weather brightened up and it was fine. Couple of near road rage incidents with usual ignorant car drivers, but vast majority were really good.

Route well sign-posted, only a couple of dodgy junctions where gps from last year was needed.

Voltaire