Sidi Wire Carbon Vernice Road Shoes 2015

canoas
canoas Posts: 307
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Anyone own a pair! retail £350 most cheap online stores £240.....sizing....... I'm a 46 Gaerne road and have 45 Gaerne for MTB. I'm either 10 or 10.5 UK mens shoe size more the later, what size would I be with Sidi, my mates tell me the sizing comes up small and a little tight i.e - the fitting is slightly narrow with Sidi.

My road Gaerne's are 5 years old! Need a change.!!!!

cheers++

Comments

• bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    It's definitely a little narrower. Possibly a little shorter but not as much as you might think.

I took at 45 in Gaerne and found them a little bigger than the 45's I had in Wire (I have Drako now, same thing). That would suggest a 45.5 in Sidi for you. Perhaps a 46. I wouldn't go bigger. If it helps I will measure my feet for you later and tell you how long they are!

Best place for Wires, I think, is Sidi Café on the 2014 models.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Mccaria
    Mccaria Posts: 869
    I am a uk 10 and having tried everything from 45-47 in Sidi Settled on the 46.5. Foot width is important with Sidi, I could get away with 46 or 46.5 but the 46.5 just gives a bit more room, especially on hotter days.
  • canoas
    It's definitely a little narrower. Possibly a little shorter but not as much as you might think.

I took at 45 in Gaerne and found them a little bigger than the 45's I had in Wire (I have Drako now, same thing). That would suggest a 45.5 in Sidi for you. Perhaps a 46. I wouldn't go bigger. If it helps I will measure my feet for you later and tell you how long they are!

Best place for Wires, I think, is Sidi Café on the 2014 models.

That would be great if you let me know your foot length. Just measure mine 28cm more or less.
  • canoas
    Mccaria wrote:
    I am a uk 10 and having tried everything from 45-47 in Sidi Settled on the 46.5. Foot width is important with Sidi, I could get away with 46 or 46.5 but the 46.5 just gives a bit more room, especially on hotter days.

Thanks. 46.5 sizes seem to be hard to get hold of though in this model. Though Sidi make 46.5 in this model.