best wheels to replace shimano c24 rs81

radiation man
radiation man Posts: 446
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Anyone know of better wheels then the Shimano c24 rs 81 im returning because they grab to much when braking.

Comments

• I've had a similar problem with RS81 C50 wheels. I've had some suggestions on the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13023858

Toeing in the brake pads seems to be a recommendation. If I don't get an improvement mine will be going back.
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    peaslaker wrote:
    I've had a similar problem with RS81 C50 wheels. I've had some suggestions on the thread here: viewtopic.php?f=40004&t=13023858

Err, no, you had a different problem. The OP is complaining about grabbing brakes which is not the same as pulsing brakes. If brakes are a bit too grabby then this may settle down once the rim finish is worn a little or the general brake remedy of good setup (which includes toeing in as standard) is another good idea. Failing that, might be worth looking at your pads (I don't have any problem with Swisstop Flashpro green).
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    what pads are you using ? If they are cheap no brand then consider kool stop salmon or swisstop greens.

Could also try giving the rims and pads a clean with a scourer and hot soapy water.