Shimano BR-M446 hydraulic disc brake compatible for xt-saint

mutsnuts1989
mutsnuts1989 Posts: 8
edited April 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I'm looking to replace my old SM- RT51 180mm rotor front/ 160mm rear 6 bolt rotors for the Shimano XT-Saint RT86 Ice-Tech 6-Bolt Disc Rotor. I'm just wondering if it will fit and be easy to replace. Any help will be appreciated, thanks. :)

My bike - felt 6 fifty 2013.

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Yes, they will fit.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    If your looking to swap rotors and still run the M446 brakes with the better rotors, I'd suggest actually using the old rotors and changing the brakes themselves, as long as there's nothing wrong with your current rotors then a change to something like the deore brakes would offer a better upgrade in my opinion.
  • Antm81 wrote:
    If your looking to swap rotors and still run the M446 brakes with the better rotors, I'd suggest actually using the old rotors and changing the brakes themselves, as long as there's nothing wrong with your current rotors then a change to something like the deore brakes would offer a better upgrade in my opinion.

Thanks for the reply guys. I noticed my rear rotor rubbing yesterday. I've reallighned the calliper and washed around that area to get mud off but it's still rubbing. What's worrying me is the fact it's not a continuous scratch sound so I'm guessing the rotor is warped. This is why I'm thinking of replacing the rotor and not the brakes.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Use an adjustable spanner set to the disc thickness to gently tease it back true, a little rub isn't an issue anyway and is common (you probably only notice if you look for it!).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.