Sportful bodyfit

rudivoller22
rudivoller22 Posts: 492
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Anyone got sportful bodyfit bib shorts that can help me out with sizing? I know they are a sister company of Castelli but how do they compare size wise? And any one got any experience on how good the pad is on longer rides?

Cheers

Comments

• super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    Almost identical to Castelli i.e. small compared to most others.
    I've got the R&D bibtights with the same Total Comfort pad and it is excellent, easily good enough for all day rides.
  • tazmon
    tazmon Posts: 107
    I'm 5ft 8ins and 71kg and I wear medium in Sportful Bodyfit bibs. Great for all day rides, note only the 'Limited Edition' versions of Bodyfit have the best pad.

Cheers
    Road - Scott Solace
    Mountain - Santa Cruz Tazmon (retro) and Scott Spark
  • alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    I am 185cm and 76kg, I wear XL in Bobyfit pro and R&D bibshorts. They are sized by height/bib strap length.
    They are cut for Italian racing snake body shape and are incredibly tight like compression shorts.
    If this is your shape then they are the best bibs I have worn.
    Not cheap but good things rarely are.
  • Thanks, ordered Large and XL and will just send one back.
  • they are my favourite shorts and I've tried alot. Sized I'd say the same as Castelli Free Aero's. Personally I prefer the standard bodyfit pro pad vs the TC pro one in the Ltd shorts for longer rides. the straps on the ltd version have more give and feel better perhaps when off the bike but on the bike the standard shorts feel great. Did have an issue with the finishing off stitching on the pad from one supplier coming loose last year (had to send 2 pairs back), but no issues before or since so probably just a bad day for someone, and just realised I've 8 pairs in various designs :oops: