Quick mountain biking questionnaire

Greenl
Greenl Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in MTB general
Hello, I was wondering if some of you would be willing to do a quick questionnaire. I am a design student looking to create a First Aid Kit specifically for mountain biking or similar sports.
The questionairre asks a couple questions about specific brands but I am in no way affiliated with said brands, it's just a part of the brief I was assigned.
Thank you
http://goo.gl/forms/7PTwLUVM52

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    A bit different. But can't do it as I do not take a first aid kit with me. I have never bought a first aid kit as I take my own first aid items. Which means that I am 100% gap of with what I take but it ain't a kit.

I have a first aid kit in the car. No idea what is in it as I have never needed it but when it expires and has to be replaced I might look into it.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    I do the same, as really you can only carry a few bits to clean cuts etc. and cover them up. Also some pain killers just in case. Anything more drastic means a phone call.
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    All I take is a Tick removal tool and a small tube of antiseptic ointment. I always have Gaffer Tape with me and that makes a decent plaster to get you home or to emergency.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I carry a very minimal first aid kit with only a few essentials for genuine emergencies. Anything else (cuts & grazes etc) can wait until back to the car.
    A very small device displaying grid ref would be handy when calling emergency services.
  • RockmonkeySC, OS do the thing you are looking for, I have just acquired it.

Called OS Locate and you can get it from the app or apple stores.
  • Greenl
    Greenl Posts: 3
    Thanks for all the responses, really helpful
  • paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    I sometimes carry a ziplock with antiseptic wipes, plasters, a gauze, tape and antiseptic wipes. Sometimes a pair of scissors and a bandage too. I carry it if I am on a long ride or guiding. In France when guiding I used to have a slightly more comprehensive kit including eye wash and more varieties of plaster/bandage but aside from wiping a few grazes I never used it.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Can't really answer some of the questions as I take my own first aid 'kit' - separate items including a massive plaster/band-aid, some decent pain killers, a space blanket, a little one-time bottle of iodine - think that's about it
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Duct tape is also good.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • super glue, staple gun, whiskey and a lump hammer.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Am I the only one who doesn't take anything? Yikes...
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Nope. I work on the principle that if it's minor I'll ride out. Anything serious they can send in the rescue chopper.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    I'd like a ride in a helicopter.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607