rob21 Posts: 284
edited June 2015 in Your road bikes
New Set Off Zipp 606 Carbon Rims
Cube%20GTC%20and%20Zipp%20606s_zps6rlasjg3.jpg

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Looks good, very good in fact.

Does the brake cable rattle in the top tube? If not how did you stop it?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • rob21
    no cable rattle thankfully :)
  • crescent
    crescent Posts: 1,201
    Nice.
    My club has a discount deal with a shop who sell Cubes and a few of these are starting to turn up on club runs. Very well spec'd and look the dogs too. 8)
    Bianchi ImpulsoBMC Teammachine SLR02 01Trek Domane AL3“When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. “ ~H.G. Wells Edit - "Unless it's a BMX"
  • rob21
    when I bought mine back in 2012 I couldn't fine another bike with the spec(ultegra groupset)on the market for the price I payed.
    I could be argued the frame isn't as good as say Cannondale, giant e.t.c but it does for me and I love it lol
  • pelecat
    pelecat Posts: 1
    Hiya all

New to this site so this is my first post, I recently purchased a new cube GTC agree race and noticed the annoying rattle from the cable within the top tube, after many hours of head scratching and going back to the bike shop( no answer), I came up with a plan. I disconnected the rear brake cable, removed the black plastic cable guide from the top tube near the seat post. I found that in ear head phone buds, the squishy foam rubber type were the same diameter as the cable outer and fitted very well. Because the cable exit is a slot I managed to insert a thin welding rod with a loop fashioned on the end that fitted snugly onto the cable outer, to push the foam buds along the cable. Be warned place masking tape around the top tube slot to prevent the paint being scratched. IT WORKS!!! the buds are cheap on EBay and weigh next to nothing
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Never seen Zipps with red hubs before. Where did you get them?