Claud Butler Tomblaine - worth getting? Need help

Shanewestray1
Shanewestray1 Posts: 5
edited April 2015 in Road beginners
Hello,

This is my first post on here! I am looking to get into Road biking, and I have come across this bike for £150, with Carbon forks, and it comes with new SPD pedals. It was from eBay of coarse, because of the price.

I need to know if the bike is any good, before I commit to buying it.

Heres the link: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Claud-Butler-To ... QEJHHK/r...

Specs : Frame 6061 Alloy Fork Carbon Gears 14 speed Shimano A070 rear, A050 front Freewheel Shimano 7 speed 14-28T Shifters Shimano A070 STI Brakes Tektro dual pivot Wheels 700c alloy double wall rim on Quando QR hubs Chainset Alloy 34-50T Tyres 700 x 23c road Bar Alloy compact bend Stem Alloy 4 bolt ahead Saddle Exile racing

If you could give me a hand, that would be great!

Many thanks,

Comments

• It's perfectly fine, if it fits you it'll be nice enough to ride, there are other popular options that cost a bit more but won't be £200 better. It's worth mentioning that the range of cassettes available for 10-11 speed is bigger, but 7 speed stuff tends to be cheap.
  • Hello Simon,

thank you for your reply!

What bikes would you suggest? I don't really have a limited, could go up to £300-500 if I wanted, but I just want an entry level, to see if I like it, you know?

Thanks!
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Look at the Triban 500 at Decathlon it's on offer at £330 which is a really good price and they always seem to be well reviewed by their owners.
  • Philly8mt
    Philly8mt Posts: 552
    Listen to Diamonddog ....

Mate of mine has the Triban from Decathlon and it's a great bike. Used it as standard in year one and has just chucked some nice wheels on it now he's hooked on cycling.

Do it!
    Still thinking of something clever to say!