looking for a new endurance road bike

jmihalcin
jmihalcin Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi everyone!

I am currently looking for a new endurance road bike and am seeking some advice from you all as this is my first road bike! I am 6'1" 185 lbs and have been put on a 58 frame. From the little I know it looks like 105 components or better is a good place to start.

Riding style: Long distance rides and climbing. I live in Colorado so a lot of mountain paved roads to travel on. I signed up for a 150+ mile two day event at the end of June so I am hoping to get a bike soon.

Budget: I was hoping to stay below $2,500 out the door with everything. (helmet, pedals, shorts, etc.)

Bikes thus far: Specialized Roubaix SL4 and SL4 Sport, Fuji Gran Fondo 3.0, and Trek Madone 4.3 and 2.1H2
Need some advice on which to go with!

I greatly appreciate any help with this process!

Comments

• alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Trek Madone is a more aero orientated race frame, so in terms of Trek bikes I think the Domane would be more what you are after.
  • zak3737
    zak3737 Posts: 370
    I have a Roubaix, and can highly recommend them.

That said, for Colorado, I'd be tempted to perhaps consider the new Spesh Diverge too - the Spesh video shows it as ideal for a more adventurous ride and fire roads perhaps, - which could make it a very useful go anywhere steed over in CO ?
    Larger tyre clearance and other bits make it a very good candidate perhaps - worth a look ?
  • I will keep that in mind! Thank you.