Arm Warmers for long and VERY skinny arms

freestyle_gus
freestyle_gus Posts: 120
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
I'm just sending back some Tenn roubaix arm warmers that don't fit (S/M size).

The opening at the bicep is 12.5cm this is too big for me and gapes a little.

Any fellow skinny pedallers out there who have found arm warmers that work for the ectomorph? I'd say a max 12cm opening is what I need, preferably a bit smaller.

Manufacturers don't seem to like to size their arm warmers and when they do, they look to be too big, or too short!

:D

Comments

• Have a look on this thread

viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13022357

Thanks, I had read that. I was hoping for more specifics on sizing as mine are abnormally skinny... I'll keep my eyes peeled.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    edited April 2015
    I recomended the Sportful No Rain in the other thread.
    I am 6ft 3 with long skinny arms. The size Medium fit like a dream. Nice and long too (pretty much arm pit to my wrist), and no worries about slippage either. All in all a great piece of kit.
  • southdownswolf
    southdownswolf Posts: 1,525
    I have skinny arms, couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag and I use the Prendas meraklon ones, can't remember the size though. Give Prendas a call/email, they are really helpful and will advise for you. At only £8 they are worth a punt anyway.
  • I have skinny arms, couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag and I use the Prendas meraklon ones, can't remember the size though. Give Prendas a call/email, they are really helpful and will advise for you. At only £8 they are worth a punt anyway.

Good advice. Thanks all!
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    I'm always struck by how skinny my Gore ones are.

Do you not know someone with a sewing machine? It must be Sewing 1.0 to run a new seam on a pair and then trim off the excess and refinish as necessary.

Alternatively take them to a repairs and alterations place
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    I also have a pair of the Prendas meraklon arm warmers, great value but just not long enough for me.
    Means I keep getting the rule breaking gap between jersey and arm warmer.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,790
    I have the DeFeet Armskins. I originally ordered them in the smaller size as I have skinny arms but they proved to be too tight although they were long enough so I got the larger size which are still a good snug fit.

On that basis, if you have very skinny arms then the smaller size may work for you.
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I have long skinny arms too and bought these >>> M's Armwarmers from eBay and they are perfect in Medium size, theyre very tight even on my skinny arms and plenty long (the top is nearly at my arm pit) and they're nice and warm, comfortable and cheap as chips.
  • +1 on the Sportful No Rains, have mine in large and they go up to my arm pit and over my wrists.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    I'm 6ft tall with skinny arms and the small DHB ones I just bought come up almost to my armpit!