Broken Spoke...

redvee
redvee Posts: 11,922
edited April 2015 in Commuting chat
I broke a spoke on my C2W bike last week and was going to fix it myself but then remembered the bike is less than 12 months old so should be covered. Is my line of thinking correct that a broken spoke should be covered under warranty? The tension in the spoke isn't high and I should have dropped the wheels in a month or so ago to get them tensioned.
I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.

Comments

• pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I had several broken spokes repaired under warranty on a C2W bike that Halfords sourced from Genesis. Eventually had the wheel rebuilt from scratch with better spokes.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    redvee wrote:
    I broke a spoke on my C2W bike last week<snip>The tension in the spoke isn't high
    Really .... so the tension in the broken spoke isn't high ....

:roll: :roll: :twisted: :wink:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Near enough zero I'd think.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Low tension causes fatigue and failures... most likely other spokes will follow suit... when you spot low tension, you can't wait for weeks to fix it or it is going to be too late
    left the forum March 2023
  • jds_1981
    jds_1981 Posts: 1,858
    My CX bike has had a loose spoke on the rear wheel for months and months. Naughty, but not fixed yet. Hopefully because it's a fairly solid mtb tyre (MT66), I'm quite light, but I do have a fairly heavy riding style - manage to snakebike along my canal commute even with 60psi+ in the tyres.
    FCN 9 || FCN 5