2015 Kore Durox HUB Spoke Fitment Help

SonDa5
SonDa5 Posts: 17
edited April 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I have contacted Kore USA for help to fit spokes to the hub. The hub shipped without any hub dimensions to fit spokes.

I need help with the rear HUB.

Can somebody help? Vendors nor distributors have any information. :cry:

Kore doesn't list a phone numBeR at their WEB site and they haven't responded TO MY EMAILS.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Never had a hub come with dimensions - why not measure it?
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • SonDa5
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Never had a hub come with dimensions - why not measure it?

I misplaced my caliper. It would be nice to have some official dimensions on it... Would make it easier as well.

I will measure though.

Also this is first wheel build for me. I have KTM KOM i25 rims to go with the hub. Front Hub is The Hive Chub Front 15mm Thru Disc Carbon/Black 32h and dimension information is printed on the hub.
  • SonDa5
    Did my measurements with a standard measuring tape then converted to metric and ran a few different spoke calculators and the spoke length Vary by 2mm.

What is a good spoke calculator to use? I plan on using Sapim xray and super spokes.

I have caliper now and will measure again.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The DT swiss spoke length calculator is the best.

I wouldn't use a tape, at least use a rule and in mm.

Not sure what you mean by the spoke length vary by 2mm? Side to side that is perfectly normal.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • SonDa5
    The Rookie wrote:

Not sure what you mean by the spoke length vary by 2mm? Side to side that is perfectly normal.
    Vary around 2mm from calculator being used even though I enter exact same measurements.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Use the DT Swiss one, also measure the ERD of the rim, very few are correct!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • SonDa5
    The Rookie wrote:
    Use the DT Swiss one, also measure the ERD of the rim, very few are correct!

On a new rim that has never been laced I would think the ERD may be slightly off on different sides of the rim but once laced with spokes should be able to lace true to spec ERD. I guess I could measure ERD at 16 spots where each spoke hole intersects and then add up all 16 dimensions and divide by 16 for an average ERD.
  • SonDa5
    Finally settled with the dimensions of my Kore Durox rear hub.

17006815615_2a9217f42e_b.jpg

Dimensions Measured with a Harbor Freight digital caliper.

L is disc side and R is gear drive side.

OLD 135mm
    DL 58mm
    DR 51mm
    WL 32.5mm
    WR 19.5mm
    Spoke Holes all beveled both sides of flanges hole 2.6mm.

Measurement dimensions based on Damon Rinard's helpful instructions.

https://leonard.io/edd/howtomeasure