New Track Pump

peter413
peter413 Posts: 5,120
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
Looking to get myself another track pump. Needs to be under £50, durable, have a decent length hose and have a semi decent gauge. Preferably one of those high volume, lower pressure pumps as I still have my Lezyne Floor Drive for the high pressure jobs. Also needs to be used with both Schrader and Presta valves.

Currently looking at the Lezyne Alloy Dirt Drive as I really like my current Lezyne pump and spares aren't too hard to find. Can't really find any other options except the Topeak offering which I'm not touching after my previous experiences of Topeak track pumps. So has anyone got experience of the Lezyne or other pumps?

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/airworx-100-floor-pump-id_8166702.html Ridiculously good value for something that is great to use, is completely and easily serviceable and is solid. Love it.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • bob6397
    bob6397 Posts: 218
    I love my Lezyne Steel Floor Drive.. Best track pump I've ever had - and my Lezyne mini-pump is pretty awesome too. I love the screw onto the valve philosophy - its so much easier and so much less likely to bend the presta valve than one which just pops on the top..

I would go with the Lezyne.. But I am biased.. I havent used that particular one though..
    Boardman HT Team - Hardtail
    Rose Pro-SL 2000 - Roadie
  • peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Yep the Steel Floor Drive is what I've already got. The gauge failed but that was replaced without too much hassle. It seems we're in the minority for liking the screw on head but I agree I prefer it.

I'm wanting something higher volume to help seating tubeless tyres. Although the Floor Drive is a nice pump it hasn't got the highest volume. I could do with a second pump now for various reasons so I may as well get one that will do the job better.