Sram x4 shifter issues

jefflad
jefflad Posts: 315
edited April 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
I noticed my daughters gear cables were getting worn so I decided to change them but in the process I struggled to get the cable out of the right hand shifter and ended up taking it apart to get it out and as the trigger wasn't returning to it's correct position (before I took it apart) I decided to 'fix' that... the inners then came out and i was left with a load of parts, I've looked on youtube and found one video that is a variation of my x4 but not the same and some parts don't seem to match so am struggling to work out how to put together.

I'm beginning to think I should just buy a replacement one but I don't want to as I anticipate buying her a new bike mid to late summer so would rather put the money toward a new one even if only about a tenner... so has anyone any exploded diagrams of these shifters, I guess their about 2010 and I've looked on the Sram site and can see nothing or anylinks to tutorials would be good... I guess I could take the left hand on apart and inspect :roll:

I haven't looked on ebay yet or the classifieds on here yet but I suppose that's an option... anyway any advise greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments