The Sun and afternoon rides

chopchopchop
chopchopchop Posts: 98
edited April 2015 in Road beginners
Just to what a difference a bit of warmth and ridding inbtge afternoon makes. With havkng kids i always tend to ride early morning before everyone is up at the weekend but j went out in tge warmth and in tge early afternoon today.

Really enjoyed it and having not been out much my average speed was a couple of mph quicker too.
Specialized Roubiax elite
Pinarello Uno
Shwin MTB

http://www.strava.com/athletes/hughes_terry

Comments

• mike1-2
    mike1-2 Posts: 456
    Brilliant.

I really enjoyed tge story. Thanks.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    i'm an afternoon rider too, mainly because i'm not a morning person.

All I need to do is find a club that rides in the afternoon ;)
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    I finish work at 4, am home by 4:30 and out on the bike by 4:45. These sunny afternoons are perfect!
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    The only real time I have during the week is 6.30am, which is pretty chilly! 3C this morning as opposed to the likely 15C it's going to be today!
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    Much prefer afternoon rides.

Work shifts, so afternoons around 2pm, the roads are quieter and the warmth is approaching it's peak. Perfect.
  • mattbabs
    mattbabs Posts: 86
    I usually go out early but it can warm up quite quickly. Last weekend it was about 5 deg when I went out but 15 when I got back at lunchtime. I had gloves, arm warmers and gillet all stuffed in pockets and under my jersey!
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    mattbabs wrote:
    I usually go out early but it can warm up quite quickly. Last weekend it was about 5 deg when I went out but 15 when I got back at lunchtime. I had gloves, arm warmers and gillet all stuffed in pockets and under my jersey!

another one of the reasons I prefer later rides, no need to keep changing clothes all the time.

Ultimate goal is late morning sportive so I can actually eat correctly and be awake when it starts