Lainston House sportive, Hampshire - great stuff

topcattim
topcattim Posts: 766
I've ridden the 120k ride today. Impressions of a sportive are always going to be influenced by the weather, which was brilliant, but I was overall really impressed by it. It was a low key, relaxed affair, great perhaps for newer entries to sportives, but a decent rolling route for the more experienced. Well stocked feed stops and a fantastic route over quiet roads.

My main comment though is with regard to value for money. There's always lots of threads here about value for money for sportives, and this sportive wasn't cheap either: £35. Same price range, I think, as most of the Wiggle and similar sportives. But two significant sets of extras - one was a free massage at the end, but the other, very much appreciated was a slap up BBQ along with sides, free coffee etc. It's interesting that an outfit like cycletours can put this on for the same price as the bigger providers and still offer much more. What they didn't give me was a free t-shirt and enough gels to stuff my back pocket, but frankly, I think they spent their money in the right place. I definitely plan to come back next year.

Great stuff.

Comments

• Jahmoo
    Jahmoo Posts: 168
    Glad you enjoyed and well done on the 120km ride.

I was looking at joining this series of 3 events, but due to injury I was unable to put my name in, will look at the other Sportives they have to offer if I'm back on the road, but will hope to be in better condition for next year for sure.

Appreciate the feedback :)