Garmin Vector Powermeter

andrewthomas197
andrewthomas197 Posts: 117
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Hello,

Think I am just about to press the go button on these but just wondered if anyone had any experience, good or bad for them?

Also I have heard that there are a revised design in the pipeline and was wondering if anyone has heard the same, true or false?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Dodger747
    Dodger747 Posts: 305
    Make sure you buy them from a German shop - the exchange rate is highly favourable!

Recently got a set - seem pretty consistent with my Kickr and have a whole host of metrics [of which I don't have a clue what to do with]. Easy to install with a crowfoot adapter and are weatherproof [tested it to its limit this weekend].

I wanted to stick with my Campag cranks so was the best option for me, YMMV...
    VO2 Max - 79 ml/kg/min
    W/kg - 4.9
  • Thanks, that is the problem I have, not much else is compatible with a Campag crank.
  • Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    I'm selling a set if you're interested due to lack of use. PM me for more details.
  • sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    Had my vector S a few weeks now and zero complaints. Readings are consistent and on a par with my old Powertap. Installation is simple but do use a torque wench.
    I'm happy.
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    I've also been using the Vector S for a number of months without complaint, that being said the following product should be available soon which could make for a very good alternative IMO;

http://www.cyclepowermeters.com/powerta ... 3200-p.asp
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • thekooman
    thekooman Posts: 55
    i have mine a few weeks now and its been a great investment. consistent readings once tightened enough. its been out in all weathers and on the turbo.
    got it on rosebikes.com the time they had 10% off so got it for 623 euro delivered with some sidi insoles.