Michelin Pro4 Endurance. Vredestein Fortezza Senso All Wea

cste
cste Posts: 181
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

looking for a set of fit and forget tyres for all year round training/sportives with good all round feeling and puncture protection, without being too heavy.

Anyone tried either/both of the above?

Thanks.

Comments

• wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    cste wrote:
    Hi,

looking for a set of fit and forget tyres for all year round training/sportives with good all round feeling and puncture protection, without being too heavy.

Thanks.
    I have the Michelin's. I haven't had any issues with them. I bought some more for when my current ones wear out.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Used 25mm Pro4 Endurances through the winter and was very happy with them. Great durability and they didn't feel like hosepipes.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Chuck Vittoria Open Pave CG's in the mix as well
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    I don't think you can go wrong with either one. Pro4 gets pretty good reviews. I am myself long time Vreddy user and see no reason to switch to anything else until tubeless time comes.
  • cste
    cste Posts: 181
    Gweeds wrote:

Hmmmm...good reviews. Worth the extra £20 a pair?
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Probably the best riding of the ones you mention. I love them. Of the two you listed I'd go with the Vred's myself.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • cste wrote:
    Hi,

Thanks.

I was running the Vred's until a couple of weeks ago. Nice and supple, smooth and grippy. Unfortunately they started splitting considerably after less than 200 miles.

I've now done a few miles on Panaracrer Race D Evo 2, not as supple as the Vred's but very grippy and have a nice responsive feel at 100 psi on my wide rims.
  • mush1976
    mush1976 Posts: 54
    Run All Weathers for a few months over the Winter, and was initially really pleased with them. However both the front and rear developed some nasty sidewall splits after only a few thousand miles.

Since changed to Pro4 Endurance and really pleased with them, but not done any significant mileage yet.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Gweeds wrote:

The Open Paves are comfy, but not substantial. I wouldn't use them as an all year tyre. The tread won't last that long either.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,223

I was running the Vred's until a couple of weeks ago. Nice and supple, smooth and grippy. Unfortunately they started splitting considerably after less than 200 miles.

I've now done a few miles on Panaracrer Race D Evo 2, not as supple as the Vred's but very grippy and have a nice responsive feel at 100 psi on my wide rims.

Another user of the Panaracer Race D EVO 2 25mm 85 psi here, I have one on the rear wheel and have had no problems to date 1200mls.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    drlodge wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:

The Open Paves are comfy, but not substantial. I wouldn't use them as an all year tyre. The tread won't last that long either.

I agree. They resist cut's and punctures well and ride great, but their overall longevity isn't a patch on P4Es.
  • Have used the Pro4s year round and am just replacing a pair that have done around 2000 miles, and only had one puncture which was a pinch one due to me not checking the pressure. Should have probably replaced them a month or two ago as there are quite a few nicks in them and they are beginning to wear thin but the Kevlar seems to have carried on protecting them, so no harm done.

I have ordered another pair and would recommend them to anyone looking a fit and forget tyre that rolls pretty well.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    pigeontoes wrote:
    Have used the Pro4s year round and am just replacing a pair that have done around 2000 miles, and only had one puncture which was a pinch one due to me not checking the pressure. Should have probably replaced them a month or two ago as there are quite a few nicks in them and they are beginning to wear thin but the Kevlar seems to have carried on protecting them, so no harm done.

I have ordered another pair and would recommend them to anyone looking a fit and forget tyre that rolls pretty well.

Only 2000 miles? i usually get over 5000 out of mine, usually swap them when I get a couple of punctures. they can cut up a bit but doesn't seem to affect them initially.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes