Hello BikeRadar forums

CaptSlow
CaptSlow Posts: 8
edited April 2015 in Road beginners
Just a wee intro as this is my first post!

Basically I'm 21, and not so fit. I bought a Carrera subway limited edition 2013 from Halfords to commute to work a couple of years ago, and to everyones surprise.... the pedal fell off on my first commute :( halfords cross threaded the pedal when fitting it and i got a new crank. Since then the bike was perfect for my needs and I rode the 50 mile pedal for scotland from glasgow to edinburgh with it. I have since become self employed so dont do the commute anymore and the bike was relegated to the shed. Last week however I dont know why but i felt inclined to get the bike out, so i hopped on it and went for a lovely 30 mile loop to loch lomond and back. I think its fair to say Ive caught the cycling bug!! So the plan is to use the hybrid until such times as i can afford a half decent road bike and take the plunge!

Thanks for reading all that if you made it this far. No doubt you'll hear from me soon enough with some daft questions.

Cheers all!

Comments

• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Welcome!
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Welcome to the forum.

BTW. If you are going to ask daft questions, then please do a search first as they will have been asked and answered a dozen times already. :)
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,730
    DKay wrote:
    Welcome to the forum.

BTW. If you are going to ask daft questions, then please do a search first as they will have been asked and answered a dozen times already. :)

Once the search function is fixed ;).

Meanwhile, ask away :P.

Welcome.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Or you can still search just this site by doing this in chrome

site:www.bikeradar.com search phrase
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • V
    CaptSlow wrote:
    lovely 30 mile loop to loch lomond and back

You are a jammy fooooker!

Yours in homesickness

PS Welcome