budget forks ?

slarnder
slarnder Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
hi , have just bought a second hand Carrera Vulcan as I want to do some light trails and improve my fitness and lose weight ( 18 stone lol ) - am happy with the bike , gears and brakes are fine but it came with rockshox dart 1 forks and they seem quite stiff and short on travel . so just wondered what would be a good budget fork for a fat bloke with not a lot of money , am a carer so money is tight , so can u get forks for under £80 ? or am I living in hope and have to spend a lot more ? thx , steve

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You can get forks for less than £80, but with you requirements you need one with a heavy spring or an air spring, so you are probably better off looking for some good used air forks.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • mathematics
    mathematics Posts: 453
    Keep an eye on the classifieds I got some rock shox recons for my kraken for £80, they're great and a massive improvement on the suntours that were factory fit.