BR Flanders Sweepstake

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Oh my! Well either that is a black swan, a set up, or a kick in the balls by the moral police :shock:

I mean I cant even spell his name :!:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    When I saw that Wiggins had been picked I was fearing the worst. Seriously, I backed one antepost for a bet that is still running and now I've got one Sky rider in the sweepstake. That's two Skies I have to cheer on now, and one of them I didn't even like when he wasn't at Sky.

Still, my man Wiggins is gonna monster the field in prep for the big 'un. Unless some amateur donkey gets in his way, in which case there'll be hell to pay.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    frenchfighter 16, 8 LOTTO SOUDAL (LTS) 26 DEBUSSCHERE Jens

This makes everything OK though :D.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Oh my! Well either that is a black swan, a set up, or a kick in the balls by the moral police :shock:

I mean I cant even spell his name :!:

I assigned an offset number for riders, and sorted the teams alphabetically - I couldn't make this up :lol: I almost fell off the sofa when it came out with Debushshhecehere.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Haha it cannot be true!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy wrote:
    frenchfighter 16, 8 LOTTO SOUDAL (LTS) 26 DEBUSSCHERE Jens

This makes everything OK though :D.

Today can't get any better
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • Shane made a gallant attempt to get in the break. Proud of him and his pony tail
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Just been looking at my man Bewley. Today is the day, his 2nd Classic ever, so what better opportunity than to win it.

In 2014 and 2015, discounting TTs and the NZ RR, his best finishing position in any race is 45th.

Come on Sam, you can do it!!!!
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    My man and my PTP pick are the same. Come on Stijn. Turn back the clock to 2009.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Thanks for the late entry. Not sure why anyone else is turning up. Mr B will canter home in 1st
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    johnboy183 wrote:
    Thanks for the late entry. Not sure why anyone else is turning up. Mr B will canter home in 1st

He's in the break, so can I offer you an early congratulations on the single most epic victory ever. :-)
  • Norfolk Hill Champ 8, 3 ETIXX - QUICK STEP (EQS) 11 TERPSTRA Niki

Looking forward to following my man (and of course absolving him of any blame when him and his team mates attack each other and hand somebody else the win!)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Norfolk Hill Champ 8, 3 ETIXX - QUICK STEP (EQS) 11 TERPSTRA Niki

Looking forward to following my man (and of course absolving him of any blame when him and his team mates attack each other and hand somebody else the win!)

The only QS rider in the sweepstake. :shock:
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    Norfolk Hill Champ 8, 3 ETIXX - QUICK STEP (EQS) 11 TERPSTRA Niki

Jammy beggar.
    Frenchie with a truly inspired set of numbers. :lol:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    Sporza now live for the duration with a mere 184kms to go. :D
    Anybody seen my man Roulston? Obviously saving it for the finale on the Oude
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 wrote:

He's in the break, so can I offer you an early congratulations on the single most epic victory ever. :-)

You may....

He's looking strong and elegant as ever and by far the most likely to win
  • johnboy183
    And my "other" man, Matzka 183 which was my original choice, is there too. You can all go home. I thank you
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    johnboy183 wrote:
    And my "other" man, Matzka 183 which was my original choice, is there too. You can all go home. I thank you

Sorry, but Matzka is only there to give Thwaites a soft ride until the break are caught. It's his year. He finished G-W you know.
  • johnboy183
    Reflected glory and all that!

I see that Matt (& Matzka) are now toying with the also fans. Giving them false hope by allowing them to close, to get a sniff of victory, before Matt "the RVV God" powers away to a deserved victory
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Above The Cows 19, 7 ORICA GreenEDGE (OGE) 105 BLYTHE Adam

Adam Blythe!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :shock:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    My man Mirko has been sandbagging his form all season - hence his single top 50 in a classic so far. Skillfully DNFd G-W to put the big lads off his scent.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Adam Blythe!

The irony of BR Forum's most eminent post-colonialist feminist thinker getting Britain's most unreconstructed wide-boy is very, very close to FF getting Debucheryeyerechers.
  • above_the_cows

Adam Blythe!

The irony of BR Forum's most eminent post-colonialist feminist thinker getting Britain's most unreconstructed wide-boy is very, very close to FF getting Debucheryeyerechers.

I did have to laugh. It could be worse, I could have got Sagan. :x
  • johnboy183
    Nooooooooooooooo.... Obviously everyone, including the organisers don't want Matt B to win! That's the only reason they have given him a 76 kilo weight penalty!! Soooo not right...
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Not heard much about Bewley yet, he's obviously keeping his powder dry
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Joelsim wrote:
    Not heard much about Bewley yet, he's obviously keeping his powder dry

A few of our men are riding very, very canny, tactically astute races.
  • above_the_cows
    I've not seen sight nor sound of anyone from Ulrika Greenedge. I'm sure Adam's just holding something in reserve for the afterparty later. The ladies of Oudenaarde will be so pleased.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Bloody service cars.
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    Maaan...you've stitched me up there Doc...

My rider is going to be on his back with the white tent pulled around him....
  • johnboy183
    Just returned home. What's happened? Where's Matt Brammier?has his beer slowed him or not?