noisy 1x10 Conversion

James Q
James Q Posts: 201
edited April 2015 in MTB workshop & tech
So recently converted my Cube Attention to 1x10. It runs nicely till im climbing and im in the top part of the cassette. .its abit noisy. Everything is indexed and gears work well. Using a zee short cage for 11-36 cassette which is what im using. Is this normal? Also abit of cracking around bb area but im putting that down to using a Narrow wide ring instead of the three it did have.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    What is the chainline you are running? You are using the middle mounting for the chainwheel, or did you convert from a 2x10?

Have you checked the B-screw setting? The upper jockey wheels may be getting too close to the sprockets
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • James Q
    James Q Posts: 201
    Im using the middle ring mounting. .coming from a 3 ring set up...B screw setting I have played around with I think its just a case pf finding its sweet spot?
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    B screw setting is a case of reading the Shimano techdocs and setting it as prescribed.

Have you measured the chainline?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.