Advice needed - Cube Aim SL 29

ross1204
ross1204 Posts: 5
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hello,

I'm pretty much a complete novice when it comes to the understanding of which bike has the best spec. I have been reading plenty of buying guides and forum posts to help gain a greater understanding but at the end of the day I would still feel more comfortable getting opinions from way more informed people on a specific bike I've been looking at.

Quick run down on what I am looking to do and my budget. I am 6ft 5in so frame size needs to be right and have a budget up to £500 max. I predominantly will use this new bike for the commute to work as well as some light trails over the coming weekends nothing too heavy (crazy downhills, jumps etc.)

I've been looking at the Cube Aim SL 29 on the site Tredz. The price is around £450 and they are currently running a deal where if you spend over £500 you can get £75 off so my thinking is get some lights, mudguards and other accessories to get the discount but just need some advice on if the spec is suitable for what I require.

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Cube-Aim-SL-29- ... _73094.htm

The Cube Aim SL 29 2015 Features are:

Frame: Aluminium Lite, AMF, Internal Cable Routing, Easy Mount Kickstand ready

Fork: SR Suntour XCM RL Disc 29", 100mm, Remote Lockout

Headset: CUBE No. 10 semi-integrated

Stem: Level 9, 31.8mm

Speed: 24

Front Mech: Shimano Altus FD-M313-M6, Downswing, 31,8mm

Rear Mech: Shimano Acera RD-M390, 8-Speed

Chainset: Shimano FC-M311, 42x32x22T, 170mm

Cassette: Shimano CS-HG200, 12-32

Chain: KMC Z7

Front Brake: Shimano BR-M355, Hydr. Disc Brake 160

Rear Brake: Shimano BR-M355, Hydr. Disc Brake 160

Rims: CUBE SX, Disc

Front Hub: Shimano HB-RM33

Rear Hub: Shimano FH-RM33

Tyres: Schwalbe Smart Sam Active, 2.1 Front Schwalbe Smart Sam Active, 2.1 Rear

Seatpost: Level 9 Post, 27.2mm

I am aware this is still an entry level bike at the price point but if anyone can help in giving their opinion on the spec in relation to what I will be using it for it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ross