Garmin 1000 - help before I kill someone!

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited April 2015 in Commuting chat
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So tomorrow I'm doing a Rapha Windmill ride and the route has been posted on Strava.

I've downloaded the GPX file and copied it to the NewFiles folder on my 1000. Turned the device off and restarted it. Does the route show up? Does it fork! I noticed the file didn't seem to have an extension so I tried adding .gpx and repeating the process. No joy! I've done the course loading process loads of time on my 800 - what gives with either Strava files or the 1000???
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    Have you tried the file on the 800 or via an online viewer like;
    http://www.maplorer.com/view_gpx.html

Just wondering if the file is corrupt or if it's contained in a compressed file as it didn't have an extension.
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • meanredspider
    I went a different route and tried a known good .gpx file and it seems the issue is with the Strava file. The Strava instructions just say to copy the file - nothing else.

Never mind - the ride tomorrow is led so, after I've ridden it, I will have the course.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • meanredspider
    I should add (in case anyone thinks I'm some sort of psychopath) that I was kept up (literally) half the night by the neighbour's heating system "knocking" so I'm not in the best of moods :evil: :wink:
  • eddiefiola
    eddiefiola Posts: 344
    Strava gpx's won't work on Garmin for some reason, upload the Strava GPX to something like gpsies.com then download the GPX from there, then import to Garmin, daft but works.
  • meanredspider
    eddiefiola wrote:
    Strava gpx's won't work on Garmin for some reason, upload the Strava GPX to something like gpsies.com then download the GPX from there, then import to Garmin, daft but works.

Thanks. I rode the route today with the ride lead so I gave that one now - but I'll try this next time.