Newbie Help

michael_mck94
michael_mck94 Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hi Guys, new to the forum so don't go too hard on me!
I'm after some buying advice on what hardtail you feel is best bang for your buck for £1000, I'm considering buying a MTB on the C2W scheme but wanted to do some research first. Read various reviews on mtbr but to no avail so thought i'd come to you guys.
Bike will be used predominantly on trail centres around the UK nothing too rigourous.
There is a catch...limited to whatever EvansCycles are currently stocking but would be willing to add a few extra £££ if the bike is right!

All opinions welcome, thanks guys :)

Comments

• I got a Trek Superfly 6 on the C2W scheme from Evans. Great bike in my eyes (as limited as my knowledge is) - good light frame, handles very well and suits XC riding if that's what you're looking for. Ideal to build on which is what I wanted

From Evans though you are limited as I'm sure plenty of others will note. The Specialized bikes around that point are expensive with low spec parts

Evans own range, Pinnacle, seem good value, but I can't offer much insight I'm afraid. Sure some other knowledgeable types will though

Another couple of months (if you can wait) and the sales will start, which was when I got mine. List was £1200 and it went down to £950 i think