Climbing Wheels

2»

Comments

• 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    I had a good experience with Mavic R-Sys SLR tubs in the Alps last year, despite awful wet conditions. Those or Dura Ace C24s if you want an all-round factory wheelset.

Of course, hand-builts will be cheaper (although good ones not much cheaper than discounted C24s) and *much* easier to maintain. Spokes for the C24s are £4 each, nipples are £2 each. Replacement rims are £250 each, and rim wear is fast. To replace a front spoke you have to take the axle out. Don't even ask about R-Sys parts prices...
  • gotwood25
    gotwood25 Posts: 314
    So you buy comsumable items on montly repayment scheme. so if you rip the clothing wreck the wheels you will be still paying for it for months to come. That's sensible.

This is why I don't like the voucher scheme they may save you tax but the encourage folk to buy things they dont have the cash for. How is it again the Western world got it self into financial trouble.....?

Don't quite get your argument, everything is a consumable. I could quite easily write off the bike at the same time as wrecking the clothes you mention. This is not a loan, of course I could pay for the goods upfront (which I would do of I didn't have access to said scheme) or I could get them through the scheme and not pay tax. Seems sensible to me.