Maundy Thursday...

thekickingmule
thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
edited April 2015 in The Crudcatcher
Morning Losers!

I need sleep. A lot.

Got home from work last night to find that the broadband and TV had gone down. This did not put me in a good mood.

I just have to get through today, and then I have to drive to Bury for some work, but then sleep. Oh sweet, blesséd sleep!

Laters!
It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
Blender Cube AMS Pro

Comments

• angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Morning bitches

I accepted a job at the uni yesterday for next year. I also went out on the bike yesterday evening and smashed out an hour of power, as such my legs are fucked this morning and I don't want to get out of bed. Potentially my last day of work as a student today too, depending on whether or not there's anything interesting booked in to do tomorrow, this means pub is on the cards this evening :D

TTFN
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Awesome news! Working at uni's definitely has its perks, so enjoy it. Just think, if you're an 'Angry Bird' as a student, you're going to be an 'Irate Bird' when you start working! Or maybe you'll just become a Grumpy Bird like the rest of us
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • kinioo
    kinioo Posts: 776
    Morning Ladies !!

Office time now, off to London later on.

First KMD training yesterday after few weeks break...I survived !

Put new brakes on my bike yesterday - will try it tonight.

Night ride with my local group tonight.

Have a nice one.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Well done employed bird. If the uni have employed you it's either because you're so good they want to keep you or so bad they know you'd be virtually unemployable in the real world.
    Day off today, so all is good. Waiting for the lad to get back from the party he went to last night then family outing.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Well done the bird!

Right girls, my friday is here, no work until,tuesday!

Been sorting myself out a bike mechanics course this morning that my lovely employer will pay most of the fees for, this is good. I shall then have all the gear and a modicum of idea!

The weekend will see packing stuff neatly away, tv, foods, drinks and some form of outdoor activity.

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Antm81
    Antm81 Posts: 1,406
    Morning tards.

Had the week off so far. I intended to lay the patio that I've had for a year this week but so far I've not got round to it (waiting for a quote as I'm feeling lazy and can't be bothered levelling and compacting the clay soil I have).

Today involves attempting to fix the leaky tubeless setup on my rear wheel and a trip to the tip.
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Day off today, rode all morning, trails in great condition, and then ate cake and drank tea all afternoon. Does life get better??
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Evening Gimps,

I have left the year end reporting this weekend to my main minion, what a trooper :) To top it off wifey and stropteen are out tonight so I can have a good slob around and drink a fair bit :D Then a good lie tomorrow and and take the Panzer down to my LBS for a bit of fettling.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Cheers guys, looking forward to the job, should be fun, plus the idea of having money is rather exciting. I sense a new bike will be purchased this summer...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Cheers guys, looking forward to the job, should be fun, plus the idea of having money is rather exciting. I sense a new bike will be purchased this summer...

Well done AB
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Downhill bike? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]