Mail Order bike late delivery

kirby700
kirby700 Posts: 458
edited April 2015 in MTB general
Just want peoples opinions, finally ordered the Nukeproof on Saturday afternoon. The paperwork etc said 3-4 days, I've checked the notes etc and delivery supposed to be 3-4 days. I've kept looking on the account details and order just said "processing". I rang them Tuesday afternoon and they said " All ok for delivery Thursday". Wide took day off work too.
Rang them late today and they have now said Tuesday at the earliest, I'm a bit pissed with it as I've booked a camping pod for Saturday night and was already for the couple of days riding, now boom no bloody bike and to make matters worse I've sold the boardman so I've got nothing left.

What would you guys do? they said sorry and I can rebook delivery to wherever / whenever but the wifes at work all next week too. A complete PITA.

Or just forget about it and sulk?
GIANT XTC 2.5
BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA

Comments

• paul.skibum
    paul.skibum Posts: 4,068
    Book delivery for where you or your wife work whenever they can.

Delivery in 3-4 days is probably from Monday not Sat afternoon so thursday might have been do-able but could have been a push.

Sometimes life is a terrible ordeal. Try getting something delivered in Canada. Here you have to plan 2-3 weeks in advance. Life sucks. Print it on a 3D printer if you want it today.
    Closet jockey wheel pimp whore.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Its a bit daft to plan a whole weekend based on something you ordered arriving just in time!

Saturday afternoon means dispatch Monday so 3-4 days runs into Bank Holiday Friday hence Tuesday which is still within 4 working days after the Monday.

You gambled and lost I'm afraid.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I always work on the basis if someone gives a vague 3-4 days it's not going to be. Before 12 on Thursday is a more definite delivery.

As you were planing time away you should have asked them to put it on fast track delivery with the extra costs to yourself if necessary.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    robertpb wrote:

As you were planing time away you should have asked them to put it on fast track delivery with the extra costs to yourself if necessary.

Or just simply confirmed the delivery date first before committing to a whole lot more worthless expenditure.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Ask for a full explanation as to why it wasn't there when they said it was going to be.

There's no excuse in this day and age for a late delivery. Every company should be well versed in that by now.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • kirby700
    kirby700 Posts: 458
    Yes I cocked up but id already booked it and sold mine quicker than expected. However despite their earlier claim thst TNT weren't working on Saturday its now coming on Saturday!

So quite happy now
    GIANT XTC 2.5
    BOARDMAN TEAM FS - NOW GONE
    NUKEPROOF MEGA TR 275 COMP
    YT INDUSTRIES CAPRA