PX London Road - 1x9 - build complete (p2)

2»

Comments

• Looks real good mate!
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    She's finished! Finally....

I took those wobble washers out of the brake caliper bolts and repleced the bolts with some nice flush fitting ones I had in the odds and sods box. Looks much tidier and the braking is massively improved, on closer inspection as I had it set up the pads were only biting half of the rotor...

Changed the stem for a white fsa one I had spare, It feels ok but might be slightly long at 110mm. I will get some more miles on it and see how it feels.

I weighed the bike, without pedals, at 10.2kg. When I get rid of those heavy wheels and tyres it should come in at around 9.6kg, which I will be happy with. It could have been lighter If I had used road crankset and mechs but I was willing to sacrifice a few grams there for durability and the option to run big cassettes and smaller chainring (down to 32 if needed) for rides other than racing. This gear setup seems about right for race purposes though.

All in all I've spent about £500 on it, plus parts borrowed/stolen from the other bike, so its not been cheap thats for sure.... more cost effective to buy one off the peg. I don't like off the peg though and I feel I've made this bike my own.

Took it out for a short shakedown ride and was amazed at the front end compliance compared to my old steel forked bike... it just floats over even pretty rough terrain.

Pics as she now stands:

U9kdF9f.jpg
    mFpHRsQ.jpg
    awESOyr.jpg
    3RMhNey.jpg
    5KBrGoX.jpg
    98J7hE1.jpg
    seKVupq.jpg

Clearances with 32mm tyres:
    YXaCUcZ.jpg
    gLjzUuo.jpg
  • Looks cracking! Did you swap the wheels on this in the end?

I bought one of the LR frames while they were on offer at £150 and I'm just going about getting the rest of the bits I need to build it up as a 'year round' bike - namely brakes and the wheels, this will be my first disc equipped bike.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm mid-build with my single speed LR, I've got all the bits but I not the time to do the build, some bits are on it, some are still in the cupboard awaiting fitting.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078

Love those green Kinesis's ( is that the correct plural?).
    . . .

Since it ends in -IS like synthesis or analysis, it should be "Kineses" which is pronounced "kines-ease". I've been a red, black, or red and black fan for a long time but I've recently started to like really garishly coloured bikes, and Kinesis have a good range of them!
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • ravey1981
    ravey1981 Posts: 1,111
    Looks cracking! Did you swap the wheels on this in the end?

I bought one of the LR frames while they were on offer at £150 and I'm just going about getting the rest of the bits I need to build it up as a 'year round' bike - namely brakes and the wheels, this will be my first disc equipped bike.

Yes, it's now on Kinesis crosslight V3s running tubeless with Vittoria XG pro tyres, saved a chunk of weight over the Alex/Novatechs that are in the pics. Those are going back onto the winter bike when it gets rebuilt in a few weeks time....