upgrading to DI2

ashleydwsmith
ashleydwsmith Posts: 693
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
So i already have ultegra mechanical on my Look 675, and the bike is DI2 ready.

So if i already have a full ultegra groupset what do i need to replace if i go to DI2?

Chainset?
Brakes?

Just trying to keep the cost down!

Comments

• bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Don't need to touch chainset or brakes.

You just need the shifting kit; shifters (ie. brake levers as well, 'brifters'), both mechs, battery and wiring and junction boxes.

Merlin usually does a pretty good deal.
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    The above posts assume that you're running 11speed 6800 Ultegra, obviously.
  • 10 speed actually.
  • indyjones
    indyjones Posts: 114
    10 speed actually.

I am doing the same thing this weekend.

You will also need a 11 speed chain and cassette. One thing to check is the freehub on your wheels defiantly supports 11 speed.

I believe the chainset is fine (though double check this with some googleing) and the brakes are down to you (the 6800 have a slightly shorter pull ratio, but are try dual pivots so are more powerful if a slight bit heavier).

I personally have changed my chainset as I prefer the look of the 4 arm, and changed the brakes to the 6800 where they are more powerful.

The biggy as above is the freehub.
  • mal99
    mal99 Posts: 4
    The answer could be:

viewtopic.php?f=40091&t=13022561
  • rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    shamsasa wrote:

That's for an external battery of course. I've gone for the internal (seatpost) battery option as IMO it looks neater.

Check Bike24 in Germany as the Euro is cheap against the pound right now - though they tend not to supply the cables, which can be expensive for what they are = £15 each and you need 6, albeit of differing lengths.