Is this genuine ? >

The secret rider
The secret rider Posts: 812
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jagwire-Compl ... 2ed00868af

seems cheap ?

Looking for some new cables to refresh bike before summer comes, not after anything special but always used Jagwire.

I notice this is brnded as Jagwire so can it be fake ? if it is i guess all the crap about it ebing better than starard cables is null and void.

thanks .

Comments

• alanparsons
    alanparsons Posts: 529
    The fact they have sold over 1700 of them with 99.8% positive feedback, I should imagine they are OK.
    £8.50 for some cables... you can't really go wrong
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    I bought the same ones for under £5 i think they are most likely fake due being to cheap, but I hope they are atleast stainless, not used them yet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bike-Bicycle- ... 35da81e25e
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    How many people will leave reviews only after they've fitted and used them for a while ? I'd be more interested in their longevity than if they send them out on time.
  • cougie wrote:
    How many people will leave reviews only after they've fitted and used them for a while ? I'd be more interested in their longevity than if they send them out on time.

this is what i was thinking usually i get something and leave a review job done. but dont have a chance to go back and say hey these were good / bad

anyway i have ordered some and will do a suitable thread on them and their longevity. to help others out :mrgreen:
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    the advert indicates they are galvanised steel cables, not stainless steel. Saying that, even my shimano stainless steel brake cables have surface corrosion on them!
  • scott_w1987
    scott_w1987 Posts: 316
    I've got Jagwire road pro cable sets on both my winter and good bike and they are superb for the value, can be had for about £20-25 on ebay and are miles better than any shimano stuff in and above that price range.

As for the stuff in the link, I bought a cable set which looked to be the same as the linked for about £6 delivered. It was only to fit to a work mates general bike and in comparison to the road pro stuff it is rubbish - unsure if it's genuine or not, the packaging isn't convincing and the printing on the cables isn't the same, but it could just be how the cheaper jagwire stuff is.

If you want it to last and are looking for good quality braking and shifting I'd go for the road pro stuff. If you're buying it for the same reason I did for a bike that isn't really worth anything then I'm sure they'd do the job...