Spectral 6.0 vs. Nerve 7.0 vs. Grand Canyon CF SL 7.9 Team

bren82
bren82 Posts: 3
edited March 2015 in MTB buying advice
Hey guys,
I've been looking around a bit for a new sub $2000 mountain bike these past few days.
Looks like a lot has changed from the old bike I used to have when I was 18 years old and it was still the previous millennium :D

I read great reviews about Canyon bikes, and narrowed my options down to either one of their full suspension bikes, the Spectral Al 6.0 or the Nerve Al 8.0.
Another option I'm considering is their Carbon hardtail 29er, the Grand Canyon CF SL 7.9 Team

I'd be happy to hear what would be your choice between these options, or if you would've gone for one of the other configurations or models that they offer.

Cheers,
Bren

Comments

• robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    More information on what you are going to do with it as the all have different characteristics.

I.E. Bit of road and a few dusty tracks, all off road trails or bit of serious north face of the Eiger stuff.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • bren82
    bren82 Posts: 3
    I'll be using them mostly for dirt trails and some single track on weekends.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    The Spectral would be overkill for that, the Grand Canyon fits the intended use.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • I was in the same position as the TS. I used to own a Sworks HT. Was on the fence between a Carbon HT or a FS.

The Spectral is good trail bike. I have a friend who owns one and i borrowed it. Loved it when on the trails. The handling is sharp and boosts your confidence. But my mileage varies between riding on trails and on tarmac and cross country. So i went ahead and settled on a Nerve. Perfect balance between trails and cross country riding.

I still keep my 26" HT around. Hence i decided to go for a FS bike