Fork replacement on a budget

Schellpel
Schellpel Posts: 119
edited March 2015 in MTB buying advice
I am looking for a replacement fork for my partners bike. The one she has at the moment is a suntour XCR which is basically a couple of spring in a tube. This has been fine so far but now she is venturing off road and its next to useless and over sprung. Looking for 100mm travel 26in wheel QR.

Money is tight so I need a budget option. I have been looking at some second hand Reba's on eBay but are there any other forks to consider ? S

Whilst on eBay I also came across these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/191454199098? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Which are in budget, anyone got any experience of these ? just need something with proper damping and an air spring :-)

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Epicon are very good.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Schellpel
    Schellpel Posts: 119
    Thanks,

They do look I like a good option and about the same price as a used set of Rebas.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Get some decent used Rockshox, they can typically be had for circa £100, Recon gold air as a minimum, then either Reba or SID or one of the short travel Revelations would be my choice.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I would agree if you get a decent pair, otherwise the Epicon are a good new option at the price.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools