Cytech theory one course?

indysmith
indysmith Posts: 276
edited March 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I was looking at doing a Cytech course with a view to hopefully getting a job in my local bike shop. Have any of you done the online theory course? I did the 'Try me' demo module on my iPad last night and it seemed pretty good.

Just wondering if anyone's done the full paid course and if so, what did you think? I know it's not the same as doing a face-to-face practical course, but I thought this might be a good first step towards being properly qualified.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,310
    Cytech 1 is very basic and cytech 2 is what you need for the industry. You should try to get your employer to pay for you to get Cytech 2
    left the forum March 2023
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I did Cytech 1, as I was funded by a kids cycling club I do voluntary work for. TBH, there was barely anything on the coursa that most home mechanics can't discover for themselves using You-Tube / Zinn, etc. The fact that you know you want to work in a bike shop probably means ypou've already done all the stuff on it... as Ugo says, skip it and get on Cytech 2 instead. Even better if you can get someone to pay for you!

Good luck.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey