E3 Harelbeke - Where to watch?

lucan2
lucan2 Posts: 293
edited March 2015 in Pro race
I'm thinking of going to watch this race on Friday. Can anyone suggest good places to watch it? I'm thinking of going to the start to get a good look around before they set off and then finding somewhere to see them in action.

All suggestions welcome.

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Watch from this angle ?
    sexist_poster_600_1aetoni-1aetop2.jpg?x=400&sig=ep_8HNAAD5claGWLe2Sytg--
  • You could ccatch the start and have enough time to cycle to oudenaarde watch the Katteberg tjen double back on yourself to see the Paterberg or the Kwaremont and see it 3 times!

Let me know if you need directions or anything
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • lucan2
    lucan2 Posts: 293
    Thanks DG.

We will be driving up (I live about an hour south of the route) so I will need to take road closures into consideration. That will mean parking up away from the start area and walk from there, and hopefully park in the right place to allow a free run out to wherever we decide to watch.
  • Lucan2 wrote:
    Thanks DG.

We will be driving up (I live about an hour south of the route) so I will need to take road closures into consideration. That will mean parking up away from the start area and walk from there, and hopefully park in the right place to allow a free run out to wherever we decide to watch.

The roads are just on a rolling closure so apart from the first couple of km you shouldn't have a problem just jumping on the N roads out of Kortrijk across to the Vlaams Ardennen and then to Brakel or Ronse or whereever you want to watch.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent