Kimbo / Roche

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited March 2015 in Pro race
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    edited March 2015
    Typical Kimmage though.

He thinks that his priorities and opinions are paramount.

He seems quite annoyed that Roche doesn't really care about the departed Verbruggen and McQuaid. Kimmage's priorities must be the peloton's priorities.

He laps up the individual anecdotal evidence without question. (For example TUE abuse, which isn't supported by the figures provided in a footnote).

He finishes off by saying to Roche 'educate yourself'. This is a man who rarely goes to races or talks to people within cycling lecturing a 30 year old pro. If he asked Roche about actual cycling he could educate himself. (Maybe he'll learn that EBH isn't a GC rider)

Also I see that Roche admits to taking L Carnitine which was the subject of a Sunday Times 'expose' of Mo Farah. This stuff is sold in Holland & Barrett for fox sake. It's not doping. More hysteria.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Was that supposed to be a news article? I think they need to drug test Kimmage.
  • iainf72
    Indeed Rich, but then, Kimbo reads the CIRC report and thinks it validates everything he's been saying where as it really doesn't. At all.

I thought Roche's openness about weight loss was good. And he did manage to shut PK down on some subjects.
  • iainf72
    Kimbo may have gone easier on Nico, given he's got a jones for Nico's mum.
  • Would've liked if Roche had been allowed to speak on tramadol instead of rereading Kimmage's known views.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,328
    I thought Roche came over really well there, though I've never really warmed to him before. Kimmage came over as usual, an egocentric know it all bully.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    The problem i find with people like Kimmage is that they almost become the problem they originally went in to investigate.
    He spends a decade chasing Lance, eventially gets proven right, then wakes up one day and realises he's out of a job with no-one to go after anymore. How can he justify his worth now? Easy, just keep looking back, banging the drum about doping, because it's self fulfilling.
    Despite the fact he's banging the same drum about 'cycling needs to move forwards drug free', all he can do now is keep bringing up doping wherever it may be in the sport, past, present or future.
    In that sense all he does is then become part of the problem, constantly going on about it and keeping it in the media spotlight, because ultimately, it keeps him employed with a sense of self-worth.
    The sport will never be seen as clean in the future whilst people like Kimmage keep dragging it back, reminding us forever more about its doping past. Yes it's important to remember the past, but it's more important to live in the present and move forward.
    It's trying to move on and so must Kimmage.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    Indeed - it's the same for Antoine Vayer. Without doping they have no angle. You could almost say they are using doping to take copy space away from other journos who don't 'do' doping stories ..... robbing them of a livelihood etc etc... ;-)
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Indeed - it's the same for Antoine Vayer. Without doping they have no angle. You could almost say they are using doping to take copy space away from other journos who don't 'do' doping stories ..... robbing them of a livelihood etc etc... ;-)

Nice one. They call it drone-hacking.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.