Kinesis Crosslight Disc Wheels - Paris Roubaix

leelondon117
leelondon117 Posts: 22
edited April 2015 in Road general
Hi,

Anybody used Kinesis Crosslight Disc Wheels on the Paris Roubaix sportive? Are they up to the job?

Thanks

Lee

Comments

• ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,271
    Surprisingly few wheels fail during Paris-Roubax... it certainly doesn't do much to increase their life though... :wink:
    left the forum March 2023
  • tehtehteh
    tehtehteh Posts: 103
    I have some and they aren't even up to the job of cycling 200 miles on smooth tarmac
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I've got a couple of pairs and have stood up well to the rough stuff off road, albeit not cobbled road as such. Given their wider inner rim width and ability to be easily converted to tubeless they could be a good bet to run wider tyres at lower pressures. Not very expensive either.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • I have a set of these the new V3, not tried them out yet.
    The internal rim width is quite wide, they don't appear to like Continental Grand Prix 4000 S X 28 tyres don't seat correctly.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    I know some rims & tyre combinations don't go well together, what tyres are others running with these.

thanks for any help & advice in advance .
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    neosplace wrote:
    I have a set of these the new V3, not tried them out yet.
    The internal rim width is quite wide, they don't appear to like Continental Grand Prix 4000 S X 28 tyres don't seat correctly.
    Anyone else have this issue?
    I know some rims & tyre combinations don't go well together, what tyres are others running with these.

thanks for any help & advice in advance .
    I'm running Michelin Pro Race 4 Endurance 25mm with mine and they're working fine
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    I have some running Hutchinson Intensive Tubeless. No problems at all to report, and hard to match at the price. They're what, £100 more than Aksium One Disc and the thick end of 400g lighter. The V3s are eyeleted and seem well put together so far. I ran Open Paves on a previous set for a couple of 1000k with no issues either; that could be a good choice for Roubaix.
  • All sorted now :)
    Stubborn tyres seated correctly at 140 psi
    Dropped back to more reasonable 80 psi ready for tomorrow's test ride.

Many thanks.
  • gaffer_slow
    gaffer_slow Posts: 417
    964Cup wrote:
    I have some running Hutchinson Intensive Tubeless. No problems at all to report,

just stan;s tape?
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    2 layers of Stans plus 30ml of Caffe Lattex sealant.