Hybrid Needed For £450 From Evans (cycle2work scheme)

mystic.bertie
mystic.bertie Posts: 136
edited March 2015 in Commuting general
Hi Guys

I will be looking to buy a new hybrid soon through the cycle to work scheme, i can pick a bike from evans cycles, i dont want to spend more than £400 but will up it to £450 if it gets me something better. Im a 6ft guy but all the hybrids seem to be unisex. So what are the main components i should be comparing between bikes? Does anyone know of which brand or bike is best to go for at this price point? No racks or mudguards needed. They dont have the weight listed so im concerned i choose a heavier bike than i would like. I will be using the bike for leisure use as well as my 9 mile each way commute, mostly through streets.

bikes up to the £450 ish price range, the cheaper 2014 models are not in my size.
CLICK HERE FOR EVANS HYBRID BIKES

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Components
    Groupset (cranks, mechs and cassette) & wheels mostly.

Hybrid is a wide bike definition, what are toy preferences? Suspension or not, disc or rim brakes, do you need gearing of a wide enough range to cope with hills or not?

The Neon looks like a nice fast hybrid with basically a flat barred road bike.
    http://www.evanscycles.com/products/pin ... e-ec054677
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.