Does anyone know EKE 38bpm

veronese68
veronese68 Posts: 27,692
edited March 2015 in Commuting chat
Hello, as per the title does anyone know EKE, Elton, or have contact details for him? I lent him something last year and have left several messages and tried calling numerous times but he is not answering.
If so please pm me rather than put details on a public forum.
Many thanks.

Comments

• First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 16,683
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hello, as per the title does anyone know EKE, Elton, or have contact details for him? I lent him something last year and have left several messages and tried calling numerous times but he is not answering.
    If so please pm me rather than put details on a public forum.
    Many thanks.
    He's not a Freeman of the Land is he? If so, you would have needed a receipt.
  • veronese68
    I really hope not and I hope there is a better reason than that he hasn't replied. Apart from being seriously injured or something, that would be bad.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,064
    Actually that's a good point he's not been on here in ages
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • His last post was 7 Jan 2015.
  • veronese68
    I think he had quite a run in with a mod which may have led to his absence from here.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think he had quite a run in with a mod which may have led to his absence from here.

I think/assume he has a account on https://www.lfgss.com/
  • veronese68
    Thanks Roger, I'll try that.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,625
    Veronese68 wrote:

Not that I know of.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

Not that I know of.
    Sorry my bad. I remembered he had a disagreement a while ago and when I look at his profile there seems to be less information than other people show. Made me wonder. Left him another message, that's about a dozen messages over 2 months so something tells me I won't get a response. Trying other ways to contact him now, :?
  • bigmonka
    bigmonka Posts: 361
    He works as a cycle instructor doesn't he? Do you have his work number/address?
  • First.Aspect
    Dare we ask what it is that you are trying to get back?
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120

His wife :lol:

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • veronese68
    Yes, I've got a couple of leads now thank you all.
    I lent him a Park tools wheel building stand in October. I've been trying to reach him since January, shortly after his last post. My own fault I know you should never lend out tools. I've met him several times and we always got on well so I thought he'd be good for it. I'm still hoping there's a good reason for him not being able to reply that doesn't involve him being injured, locked up or similar. I must confess I was given the stand so lucked into it really, I thought sharing my god fortune would be a good thing to do. Lesson learnt.
    In future if anybody wants to borrow my tools they'll have to leave a bike as collateral, first born would be too much trouble and bikes are valued more.
  • veronese68
    SecretSam wrote:

His wife :lol:
    Far more valuable.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    If you need to borrow one in the mean time, mine is gathering dust at the back of the garage.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Asprilla wrote:
    If you need to borrow one in the mean time, mine is gathering dust at the back of the garage.
    That the one Eke sold you right? :twisted:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • Asprilla wrote:
    Even by my (admittedly low) standards, keeping your wife in the garage is a bit unreasonable?
  • merkin
    merkin Posts: 452
    Asprilla wrote:
    Even by my (admittedly low) standards, keeping your wife in the garage is a bit unreasonable?
    :twisted: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Ian.B
    Ian.B Posts: 732
    I hope he is OK. As you say, he seems a nice bloke, not at all the sort to run off with your stand.
  • veronese68
    Ian.B wrote:
    I hope he is OK. As you say, he seems a nice bloke, not at all the sort to run off with your stand.
    I agree, I am a bit worried about that. Friends of mine that were calling me an idiot for lending someone I don't really know something got me all wound up. I really hope they were wrong, of course I also hope he's ok. I do like the guy, I think he's a good bloke, otherwise I wouldn't have lent it to him.
    Thanks for the offer Asprilla, my wife is doing me proud though. :wink:
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    I have a mutual Friend.

I will see if I can find anything out (I have been AWOL as well, in case you didn't notice)
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • veronese68
    rubertoe wrote:
    I have a mutual Friend.

I will see if I can find anything out (I have been AWOL as well, in case you didn't notice)
    Thanks, that would be great if you could. I had noticed your absence, you have been missed. I was slightly concerned there'd been a cull of North London Kaffenback riders.
  • First.Aspect
    I have a theory - he's trueing a wheel. He can get it round, he can get it straight, but its proving tricky to get it round and straight.
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    merkin wrote:
    Asprilla wrote:
    :twisted: :lol::lol::lol:

Well, she was the one who said she was sick of sharing the house with a bunch of bicycles.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    I have a theory - he's trueing a wheel. He can get it round, he can get it straight, but its proving tricky to get it round and straight.
    :lol:

Or maybe he's got both of those sorted, but the spoke tensions are all over the place...
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    As he's disappeared from here - perhaps he's got caught in a spoke and is stuck. If he survives perhaps he will sue Veronese for loaning him a defective stand ....
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    I can't "stand" it when people don't return things.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Veronese68 wrote:

I didn't ban him... or kill him, if you are implying that... :wink: just normal wear & tear type of disagreement
    left the forum March 2023
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:

I didn't ban him... or kill him, if you are implying that... :wink: just normal wear & tear type of disagreement
    Sorry, I remembered you'd had a disagreement about something a while ago and noticed when I looked at his profile some of the information is missing, like date last visited. Looks like I put 2 and 2 together and got 146. :oops:
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,309
    Last time he visited the forum was February...
    left the forum March 2023