Replacement "loose" headset bearings

dinyull
dinyull Posts: 2,979
edited March 2015 in Workshop
I have a Boardman Comp 2010 and in a bit of a pickle regarding finding replacement bearings.

It uses loose bearings (ie. not a sealed unit) and they sit on a "shelf" that is integrated into the frame.

Looking to replace as they are pretty tired and I think I've lost some of them along the way. Planning on a service soon so was going to strip down then.

Can anyone point me in the direction of anywhere that sells loose bearings please, I've had a quick google search but couldn't come up with anything relevant.

Cheers

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Bike shop or Halfords if you need them quickly. Take a couple so they can measure them.

If in no hurry, SJS Cycles do packs of bearings. Just put some Shimano ones in my hubs.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    As easy as that, haha.

Cheers, no desperate rush - still have a few bits to get together for the spring service.
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    Might be worth being 100% sure they are loose bearings. Headset cartridge bearings can come apart when you drop the fork, the ones on my Tarmac did recently and I got a replacement cartridge from JE James Cycles.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    simplybearings.co.uk
  • on-yer-bike
    on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
    As above although didnt have one for a BMC.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo