• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    RichN95 wrote:
    Caja Rural, Cofidis, Colombia, Europcar and MTN-Qhubeka

Happy the Qhubekans are going again :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Cofidis are one of the main sponsors of the Vuelta, which probably guarantees their team a place. Probably do shoot all in the event tho, as per.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Cofidis are one of the main sponsors of the Vuelta, which probably guarantees their team a place. Probably do shoot all in the event tho, as per.
    They usually do quite well in the Vuelta (they've won five of the last seven King of the Mountains and won six stages in that time). It's the Tour that they're crap at.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Fair point but that was mainly Moncoutie I guess.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    They usually do quite well in the Vuelta (they've won five of the last seven King of the Mountains and won six stages in that time). It's the Tour that they're crap at.

Navarro got a top ten at the tour a couple of years back. Granted nobody actually saw him do it so could just be made up, but the record books definitely say that he did.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    RichN95 wrote:
    Caja Rural, Cofidis, Colombia, Europcar and MTN-Qhubeka

Happy the Qhubekans are going again :-)

Likewise, I'm loving the black and white stripey kit in the peloton too. :)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    United Healthscare.
    No Wanty. :( :P
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Ashbeck wrote:
    Likewise, I'm loving the black and white stripey kit in the peloton too. :)
    +2
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Would have been good of UHC got in and could give Bracjovic a tilt.

If Team Colombia dont show anything this years GTs they should not be invited back. Biggest disappoint in recent years that team has been for me. When I first heard about their European foray I thought they would be setting light to the mountains. They are more likely to roll in with the gruppetto.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Caja Rural! My kamakazi breakaway boys! Always off the front on a mission.
  • Cofidis are a team who are happy being mediocre, and I can;t work out if that's a good or a bad thing.

They know their place, know what they need to do each year to ensure sponsorship and invites for the next year, and they achieve that
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Cofidis are a team who are happy being mediocre, and I can;t work out if that's a good or a bad thing.

They know their place, know what they need to do each year to ensure sponsorship and invites for the next year, and they achieve that
    They are the epitome of the complacency that has held French cycling back in the past decade. (That and French tax law).
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    RichN95 wrote:
    Cofidis are a team who are happy being mediocre, and I can;t work out if that's a good or a bad thing.

They are the epitome of the complacency that has held French cycling back in the past decade. (That and French tax law).

Agree with both of these points. I always look at Cofidis and have a battle in my head...they are a big team....no they're a small team with limits...no actually they are a big team...no,...

I just can't figure them out. With MTN you know what they are and what they want to achieve, its clear cut, but Cofidis just confuse me. Still trying to get to grips why Bouhanni went there (unless his boxing career is more of a reality than we know)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Would have been good of UHC got in and could give Bracjovic a tilt.

If Team Colombia dont show anything this years GTs they should not be invited back. Biggest disappoint in recent years that team has been for me. When I first heard about their European foray I thought they would be setting light to the mountains. They are more likely to roll in with the gruppetto.

A little unfair there, it's not like the days of Lucho Herrera in Café de Colombia, when Colombians first turned up in Europe. Nowadays there's a production line of Colombian riders feeding some of the biggest teams in the WT. Their best riders have GT wins and podiums and plenty of stages between them. Expecting what is essentially "what's left over after the top teams have had their pick" to be blowing races up is a bit much.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Ashbeck wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Agree with both of these points. I always look at Cofidis and have a battle in my head...they are a big team....no they're a small team with limits...no actually they are a big team...no,...

I just can't figure them out. With MTN you know what they are and what they want to achieve, its clear cut, but Cofidis just confuse me. Still trying to get to grips why Bouhanni went there (unless his boxing career is more of a reality than we know)

I have to admit, though, that Qhubeka are starting to look more and more European. I'm all in favour of having a few experienced European riders in the team but their appeal for me is in seeing what their African riders can achieve.