Saddle Bag

miabs2
miabs2 Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Road buying advice
Hi,

I know saddle bags are designed just to carry tools, tubes etc, but can anyone recommend a good looking one which will fit a Ritchey saddle.

I currently have a Topeak Aero Wedge (medium) with buckles, It does the job but I'm wondering if there are any better looking to the eye than this.

I want to carry 2x tubes, tyre levers, co2 pump and a spare cartridge and a Park multi tool. Currently the Topeak carries all of this but I'm looking for alternatives.

Ideally one which clips to the rails only and doesn't Velcro around the seatpost. I have looked at Scicion.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,236
    5/1 on 36 pages... Any takers?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    Nah, locked before 5.
  • johnny25
    johnny25 Posts: 344
    This is good and I prefer it to a saddle bag.

http://www.gonebikingmad.co.uk/m20b0s50 ... Sticky-Pod
  • dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    johnny25 wrote:

I use the small version of this, fits nicely in middle pocket.
  • jordan_217
    jordan_217 Posts: 2,580
    Dinyull wrote:
    Nah, locked before 5.

Dunno as I don't think there are any mods who have a competing saddle bag making sideline. :wink::D
    “Training is like fighting with a gorilla. You don’t stop when you’re tired. You stop when the gorilla is tired.”
  • miabs2
    miabs2 Posts: 3
    johnny25 wrote:

I like the idea of that. I might give that a go . Thanks.
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    they look great - I'm going to have one of those!
  • I am the UK importer for Sticky-Pod bags and appreciate the nice comments, always nice to see, cheers guys.

Mark Hudson

Gone Biking Mad Ltd
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Bought one as well after seeing the link on here. Ordered on Friday evening, received it Monday morning.

Fit two inner tubes, two levers, a small multi-tool and an Iphone into a small.

My three year daughter also likes the picture of the frog and the free sticker that came with it!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    FFS I've just bought the rapha alternative at £45 which is nicely made but just ok for size and was the only product which I could find which was closest to my needs. I tried googling alternatives prior to that purchase and came up with zero options so please Mr Hudson, put your hand in your pocket and start advertising your products!!!
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Slowmart wrote:
    FFS I've just bought the rapha alternative at £45 which is nicely made but just ok for size and was the only product which I could find which was closest to my needs. I tried googling alternatives prior to that purchase and came up with zero options so please Mr Hudson, put your hand in your pocket and start advertising your products!!!
    Duly noted. :D
  • scopes15
    scopes15 Posts: 84
    I was looking at these Sticky Pods realized that they are pretty expensive to buy in the UK so I have bought a bunch of them direct and will sell at cost. I've put a few on ebay or message me direct here so there isn't the ebay fees.
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321722156591? ... 1555.l2649
  • dork_knight
    dork_knight Posts: 405
    Pretty expensive in the UK?

It's only £3 more for a large via Gone Biking Mad :shock:
    The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.
  • scopes15
    scopes15 Posts: 84
    Yeah which is the same in dollars from the US. £3 maybe isn't much for some people
  • dilatory
    dilatory Posts: 565
    I have an ILE Saddle Bag and I loves it. Can fit 2 tubes (or 1 and co2) multi tool, levers, a rubber glove, some zip ties and some patches. It looks the danglies to boot.
  • keezx
    keezx Posts: 1,322
    miabs2 wrote:
    Hi,

I know saddle bags are designed just to carry tools, tubes etc, but can anyone recommend a good looking one which will fit a Ritchey saddle.

Thanks in advance.

Saddlebags never look good , so dont't buy one.

You're welcome.
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    A small ortleib saddle pack would probably do the trick. I have an ortleib micro saddle bag (0.6l) which I use to carry spares when on long TTs (no pockets in skinsuit) and it takes spare tube, 2x co2 canisters with valve (which is tiny compared to canisters) 2x tyre levers and a small or medium multi tool. It does get a little full though, but the small saddle bag is larger at 0.8l so should be suitable- it's also roll closure so you can really stuff it full without fear of breaking zips etc.
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    The stickypods are ACE, i've been out a couple of times with mine now (large) and there is loads of room in it. Well though out bit of kit. You don't even know its in your pocket... Bye Bye Saddle bag!