Gesink out of Catalunya

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited March 2015 in Pro race
Because he hurt his knee.

So can add that to Algarve and Adriatico as races he has pulled out of.

He continues to demonstrate his lack of suitability for being a professional cyclist.

He should just give up and have that spot available to a more reliable rider.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Does that mean he's doping?
  • Did I imagine his massive personal problems? Was it his Dad died a couple years ago, he's been the same rider since (save for one day on the Green Mountain)
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    No doubt his health and fitness issues have affected his value and consequently his earnings but I can't see why he should just give up unless there is an implication he is not really committed to the sport and these problems are as much in his head as anything else. I haven't read anything to suggest that is the case - some people are just more prone to illness and injury than others.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Did I imagine his massive personal problems? Was it his Dad died a couple years ago, he's been the same rider since (save for one day on the Green Mountain)

Broke his leg leg in several places too, didn't he? Or was that anther dutchie?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,560
    The_Boy wrote:
    Did I imagine his massive personal problems? Was it his Dad died a couple years ago, he's been the same rider since (save for one day on the Green Mountain)

Yep that was a few years ago. Last year he had a heart condition and then withdrew from the Vuelta last year after his pregnant wife had to have surgery... he seems to have been through a lot!
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    dish_dash wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:

Yep that was a few years ago. Last year he had a heart condition and then withdrew from the Vuelta last year after his pregnant wife had to have surgery... he seems to have been through a lot!

He does. I'm always surprised when I see how old he is too. Going on 29, but with all his troubles it's easy to forget that he's been around as long as that.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy