2015 Tour of Britain

2»

Comments

• Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Literally, actually meaning figuratively for most people!
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    The Stoke - Nottm route looks a cracker - mostly through Derbyshire. They are going down Winnats, up Monsal, up Beeley, up Riber, up Surprise view - plenty of narrow roads and lumpy terrain in there to split things up but with a not too difficult run in to Nottm for the last 10k or so.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • davelakers wrote:
    Cant believe im going to have to peer over my back fence for stage 2.

Can't wait. Might have to try to get to the top of the Trough early doors.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    davelakers wrote:
    Cant believe im going to have to peer over my back fence for stage 2.
    Can't wait. Might have to try to get to the top of the Trough early doors.
    It's not going up the Trough, is it?
  • gotwood25
    gotwood25 Posts: 314
    Stage 4 quite literally finishes around 400* yards from my Mam's normal sized doorstep.

Apologies if anyone was offended by my misuse of the English language and/or had made plans to camp outside my Mam's doorstep in an attempt to watch the sprint finish. Please don't do this, you will miss it. You need to walk literally 400* yards down the road to see it.

*Disclaimer - it could be more than 400 yards, I haven't measured it. It's a rough approximation in an attempt to get across the point that stage 4 finishes relatively close to my Mam's house.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    The Stoke - Nottm route looks a cracker - mostly through Derbyshire. They are going down Winnats, up Monsal, up Beeley, up Riber, up Surprise view - plenty of narrow roads and lumpy terrain in there to split things up but with a not too difficult run in to Nottm for the last 10k or so.

Didn't think they had released such a detailed route yet, can you let me know where you've seen all that or is it just your opinion ? Riber would be a litle difficult to get a peloton up !
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.